2021년 05월 08일 토요일
뉴스홈 국제
Hong Kong suspends its order of AstraZeneca COVID-19 jabs

[서울=아시아뉴스통신] 레악카나기자 송고시간 2021-04-10 06:55

Earlier this week David Hui, a leading public health expert and government adviser, called for Hong Kong to replace AstraZeneca with a new single dose vaccine made by Johnson and Johnson. (File photo by=JOEL SAGET/ AFP)

[Asia News Communication = Reporter Reakkana] On Friday (Apr 9) Hong Kong confirmed it has requested AstraZeneca to suspend delivery of its COVID-19 vaccine amid fears of severe side effects and concerns over its efficacy against new variants of the coronavirus.

AFP reported that Europe's medicines regulator said this week the AstraZeneca vaccine could cause very rare blood clots in some recipients, prompting a cascade of countries to pull the plug on giving it to people under a certain age. Britain sought Thursday to quell fears over the jab, saying the potential side effects were extremely rare - and the risk of falling seriously sick from COVID-19 was far greater. Britain sought Thursday to quell fears over the jab, saying the potential side effects were extremely rare - and the risk of falling seriously sick from COVID-19 was far greater.

On Friday, Hong Kong's health chief Sophia Chan said the city has asked AstraZeneca not to deliver as planned later this year. Chan said Hong Kong was also keen to look at other vaccines that may have stronger results against newer strains of the coronavirus. Earlier this week David Hui, a leading public health expert, and government adviser, called for Hong Kong to replace AstraZeneca with a new single-dose vaccine made by Johnson and Johnson.



 

[ 저작권자 © 아시아뉴스통신. 무단 전재 및 재배포금지]



제보전화 : 1644-3331    이기자의 다른뉴스보기
의견쓰기

댓글 작성을 위해 회원가입이 필요합니다.
회원가입 시 주민번호를 요구하지 않습니다.