2021년 05월 07일 금요일
뉴스홈 국제
Duterte admits fear of death from COVID-19

[서울=아시아뉴스통신] 레악카나기자 송고시간 2021-05-05 02:00

President Rodrigo Duterte (Photo from Malacañang photo)
 
[Asia News Communication = Reporter Reakkana] President Duterte himself is afraid that he won’t last if he gets infected with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), warning “hardheaded” Filipinos to stay at home amid the surge of cases. "You know, this is not a joke. When COVID hits you, it’s death. Usually, you’re dead in two days. Most of the severe cases. Others survive but those who died, they’re finished in two days,” he said in a televised public address on Monday night, Manila Bulletin reported. 

The Chief Executive admitted even he’s afraid for himself because of his old age. Prior to his remarks, the 76-year-old leader finally got his first shot of the Sinopharm vaccine. His vaccination was made possible due to the compassionate use permit given to the Presidential Security Group hospital by the Food and Drug Administration. "When that hits me, there’s no way in my age), there’s no way of telling whether I would live to see the light of day the following day,” he said.

"I’m not trying to scare you. I’m telling you to use your heads. The pandemic is dangerous. It’s not a — it’s not a game. If you get this, it’s over.” he added. On February 3 last year, the President allayed public fears of the novel coronavirus.


 

[ 저작권자 © 아시아뉴스통신. 무단 전재 및 재배포금지]



제보전화 : 1644-3331    이기자의 다른뉴스보기
의견쓰기

댓글 작성을 위해 회원가입이 필요합니다.
회원가입 시 주민번호를 요구하지 않습니다.