2021년 10월 21일 목요일
뉴스홈 국제
80% of Malaysia's adult population fully vaccinated against COVID-19: PM Ismail Sabri

[서울=아시아뉴스통신] 레악카나기자 송고시간 2021-09-22 02:10

In this photo provided by the Prime Minister Office, Malaysia's new Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob speaks at his office in Putrajaya on Aug 27, 2021. (File photo by=Prime Minister Office via AP)

[Asia News = Reporter Reakkana] KUALA LUMPUR: Eighty percent of Malaysia’s adult population is now fully vaccinated against COVID-19, Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob said on Tuesday (Sep 21), according to CNA.

Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin also tweeted at 1 pm that Malaysia had hit the 80 percent target. “Congratulations! Malaysia has fully vaccinated 80 percent of its adult population,” he posted on Twitter. “Now, the COVID-19 Immunisation Task Force will work to track down the other 20 percent who have not, or refused, to be vaccinated,” he wrote.  The vaccination tracker on COVIDNOW showed that 79.6 percent of the adult population was fully vaccinated as of 11:59 pm on Monday. COVIDNOW is the new COVID-19 statistics website under the Ministry of Health. 

Meanwhile, 57.1 percent of the total population in Malaysia has been fully vaccinated.  Inoculating 80 percent of Malaysia’s adult population immunization is one of the program’s aims. Cumulatively, 40.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered since the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme kicked off in February this year.  Priorities were first given to frontline and senior citizens before the program was expanded to those above 18 years old.  The government started to vaccinate teenagers aged between 12 and 17 from Monday, aiming to cover 3.2 million people nationwide. 



 

[ 저작권자 © 아시아뉴스통신. 무단 전재 및 재배포금지]



제보전화 : 1644-3331    이기자의 다른뉴스보기
의견쓰기

댓글 작성을 위해 회원가입이 필요합니다.
회원가입 시 주민번호를 요구하지 않습니다.